We provide training and consultation for networks and operators in different fields who come across people working in the sex and erotic industry, people offering sex against payment or victims of human trafficking as part of their work.
We provide training services to various networks and operators on the following themes, among others:
- sex work as a phenomenon in Finland
- the work and services of Pro-tukipiste
- respectful treatment of a sex worker and the effects of stigma
- human trafficking in the sex industry
- outreach work method.
Some of our training services are subject to a charge and some are part of our free basic organizational activities. Inquiries concerning training services can be sent to toimisto(at)protukipiste.fi.
We provide free, confidential consultation, e.g.
- in situations where there is a need to discuss and obtain up-to-date information particularly in a case indicating human trafficking related to sexual exploitation.
- consultative discussion and information related to sex work, prostitution and sex against payment.
The aim of consultation is to provide information and support for professionals in different fields in situations where they come across sex work, sex against payment or human trafficking in their work. If necessary, we can work together to find a way to engage in more long-term cooperation so that the sex workers who use various services will receive the help and support they need in their situation.
If you want to write a student thesis on a topic related to the work or expertise of Pro-tukipiste, send us a research permit request in which you describe your plan and how you intend to carry it out. Pro-tukipiste does not take responsibility for supervising theses or their content. Also, we do not provide interviewees for theses. If you have any questions before filling in the permit form, please contact us by sending an e-mail to toimisto(at)protukipiste.fi. Do not send e-mails directly to our staff e-mail addresses. We will forward messages sent to the office e-mail address to the staff member who is the best contact person in terms of the theme and the writing of the thesis.